It’s time to get your love of BIG MONSTER TRUCKS JAM ON! Oh yes, Monster Jam is back in Charlotte at the Spectrum Center (January 5th & 6th), and ready to take your mind off this cold weather with some HOT truck action!
Feld Entertainment, the worldwide leader in live family entertainment, is bringing Monster Jam® to Spectrum Center once again in 2018! The new season will bring motorsport fans to the edge of their seats with adrenaline-charged, high-flying, four-wheel excitement that is fun for the entire family. Unexpected, unscripted and unforgettable, Monster Jam takes center stage sporting meticulously manicured dirt tracks created with the sole purpose of pushing these perfectly engineered, larger-than-life trucks to the limit. Monster Jam is one of the only sports where male and female world-class drivers, some generational rivals, are equals competing for the same championship on the same track. Following racing, new in 2018 across all Monster Jam events, fans in every city will have the chance to vote for the truck winner in the freestyle competition by real-time, in-arena fan voting on their smartphones.
Trucks and drivers scheduled to appear at Spectrum Center include:
Grave Digger driven by Pablo Huffaker
Monster Mutt driven by Kevin Crocker
Northern Nightmare driven by Cam McQueen
Scooby-Doo driven by Linsey Read
Stinger driven by Zane Rettew
Master of Disaster driven by Paul Strong
Nitro Menace driven by Darren Migues
Jailbird driven by Kaylyn Migues
*Trucks/drivers subject to change
My first venture into monster truck madness was almost 2 years ago and I went with the family while I was 8 months pregnant. I was a sight to see but we came super prepared. You can have such a great time if you know what you’re getting into and as a parent I always like to ask many questions and research. In this case it paid off and we had a terrific time. SO…
Here are my 5 quick tips before you go & you’ll be set to have tons of fun, I promise!
- Dress comfortably & in layers. It’s cold outside so likely you’ll have a jacket, but a sweater or sweatshirt might work well to take with you, it’s a strong possibility it will be cold indoors also. Just like a mom to tell you dress accordingly, right? 🙂
- Prepare for some really loud noise! We brought noise-canceling headphones for our son and earplugs for the grownups. Sometimes they sell them at the venue but why chance it.
- The smell of gasoline fumes may hit you. Just be aware.
- The fumes, lights, dirt might make your eyes water if you’re anything like me with allergies and sensitive eyes. Eyedrops worked brilliantly and I was good to go.
- Grab some headache medicine just in case. As a first timer (and an old timer, lol!) I was grateful that I grabbed mine just in case, as towards the end I did need it and I was able to enjoy the remainder of the show which was a blast!
And here is a sneak peek from when we watched our favorite, Gravedigger, and totally cooler in person if you were wondering!
Grab your tickets for the January 5th or 6th shows
at Spectrum Center in Charlotte here:
Or win a Family 4 pack of tickets for the January 5th show @ 7PM in Charlotte. ENTER BELOW!