From now until October 12, 2011, parents can help their kids, age six to 12 submit their creative sandwich recipes for a chance to win a $25,000 college fund. To mark the 10th Anniversary of the contest, this year’s Grand Prize Winner will also receive an additional $10,000 for educational products.
- Sandwiches will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, taste, nutritional balance, appearance and ease preparation
- Ten semi-finalists will be selected to compete in a national online vote in January 2012
- Five finalists will be selected to compete at a live judging event in New York in March 2012
- Four runners up will each receive a $2,500 college fund
And there’s more! The “That’s Why I Choose Jif” contest gives parents a chance to share stories about the choices they make for their families. This separate contest invites peanut butter fans across America to enter the That’s Why I Choose Jif Essay Contest for a chance to join the judging panel at the final event in New York, where five kid chefs will contend for the grand prize.
- Adults can visit www.jif.com to submit an essay – 250 words or less in English – answering one of the following questions:
- How do you make the best choices for your family?
- Why do you choose Jif Peanut Butter?
- One grand prize winner will win a four-day, three night trip to New York to serve as a judge at the 10th Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest finale event in March 2012.
And to top it all off our friends at Jif are letting us do a giveaway here on Mami 2 Mommy of one (1) amazing gift box with the following goodies:
- Jif Branded Gym Bag
- Jif-To-Go Product
- Jif Picture Frame
- AND an Amazon Kindle
Giveaway ends October 17th, 2011 at 12:01am. Good luck!